Skip to content
The content below conveys a basic understanding of (click on the “G” to view the glossary entry):
- intramolecular forces (G) (electronegativity (G), valence electrons (G), chemical bonds (G))
- intermolecular forces (G) (dipole-dipole interaction (G), ion-dipole interaction (G) and dipole-induced dipole interaction (G))
- factors influencing a molecules solubility (e.g. pH (G), logD/logP (G))
- classification of solvents according to their polarity (G)
- effect of temperature on solubility/ solvent strength (G)
The understanding of the current material is fundamental for following chapters and facilitates the comprehension of liquid chromatography.